Application requirements for full-time Design doctoral studies (practice-based) 2021 academic year
Dates and Deadlines
|Application documents must be submitted||14-16 of June
Admission documents are submitted in one pdf. by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Assessment of Creative Work and Professional Development - Review. Announcement of participants invited for an interview with the admission committee.||22nd of June, 5 pm|
|Admission commission meeting (applicant’s participation is obligatory)||29th of June, 10 am|
|The list of invited applicants to doctoral studies will be announced||29th of June, 5 pm|
|Reception and analysis of appeals||30th June - 1st July, 9 am - 12 pm|
|The announcement of the list of the admitted to doctoral studies||2nd of July, 3 pm|
Required documents (have to be submitted in one pdf.)
- Application to the VAA rector; List of suggested research fields.
- The copy of Master of Arts diploma and diploma supplement in the original language, with the certified translation to English or Lithuanian;
- Letters of recommendation of two recognized artists (2021);
- Portfolio (Creative works) and CV (Professional development);
- Description of the art research project (3000 - 5000 words);
- Copy of ID or passport;
- Receipt of the admission fee.
Art project description guidelines
- Main problem of art project creative part.
- Context of the creative field.
- Foreseen goal and process of the creative part.
- The main problem, goal and process of the theoretical part of the art project.
- Historiography context of the theoretical part.
- Relationship between creative and theoretical parts.
Competition grade formula
Competition grade consists of the portfolio (Prt), description of art research project creative (Kda) and theoretical (Tda) parts, interview (Pk).
Ʃ - competition grade
Ʃ = 0,4Prt + 0,2Kda + 0,2Tda + 0,2Pk
Admission fee payment, account requisites
Admission fee is 30 EUR
Vilniaus dailės akademija
Legal entity (VAA) code 111950439
Account no. LT44 7300 0100 0245 5498
Bank code 73000
The title of the entrance fee should be: stojamoji imoka i doktorantura+applicant’s name.
In case admission fee is paid not to VAA account the application is not considered. If an applicant withdraws the documents, the admission fee is not refunded.
Students admitted to state-funded places of doctoral studies receive a scholarship of the amount established by the Government of the Republic of Lithuania during the period of studies from 9 120 EUR to 10 560 EUR per year.
Students admitted to state-funded positions are exempted of the tuition fee. Self-funded doctoral students pay the tuition fee that is 10 646 euros per year.